Job title of open position
HR & Operations Manager
£45 - £50K + benefits (pension, private medical insurance, travel insurance, gym memebership contribution)
Terms of employment
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, organised and fun HR & Operations Manager to join our management team helping to drive the continued growth of Jarmany. You will be responsible for all aspects of the HR function and the company’s operational environment to ensure the smooth running of the company. We are looking for a people person, somebody with the strength of their own convictions and somebody who is super organised and doesn’t shirk away from a range of responsibilities.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Manage the HR function in liaison with external HR consultant
- Lead on amendments to employment contracts and HR policies including probation periods, maternity leave, paternity leave, performance reviews, amendments to salary, and applications for flexible working as necessary.
- Ensure job descriptions are accurate and compliant and that the annual review process is completed in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
- Support the training and development needs and co-ordination for the organisation.
- Manage and implement the internal Graduate Scheme
- Manage and implement our internal Talent Management process
- Oversee the recruitment process for all teams as needed from application, assessment, onboarding and induction/leavers
- Manage the monthly process for payroll, pensions and PAYE submissions in liaison with external bookkeeper
- Manage leave entitlements across the organisation including sickness, annual leave, maternity/shared parental leave and unpaid leave.
- Manage staff benefits including pensions, childcare vouchers, private medical insurance, travel insurance, gym membership contribution and ensure the correct administration of these.
- Ensure HR records comply with GDPR data protection regulations.
- Manage relationship with the landlord and other tenants and co-ordinate with them on all facilities and premises related issues.
- Manage the relationship with all operational suppliers.
- Manage all office supplies (kitchen, stationary).
- Manage all company insurance renewals.
- Lead on all aspects of Health and Safety compliance.
- Line management of all internal administration personnel
- Manage all internal company events
- Manage office removal/installation/redevelopment projects
Skills and experience
- Over 5 years’ experience of managing HR procedures. Relevant qualification (or working towards one) an advantage
- Over 5 years’ experience of facilities and office management procedures, including Health & Safety and IT. Previous liaison with outsourced providers an advantage
- Experience managing HR and Facilities budget
- Be highly organised and adept at planning to meet deadlines
- Be able to work well under pressure with competing priorities
- Have excellent written and verbal communication and be numerate with strong attention to detail
- Solid all-round IT experience is essential. Highly experienced in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word). Experience of CRM systems desirable
- Be articulate and persuasive whilst remaining tactful and diplomatic
How to apply
- Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Please note that due to the volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted
- Ideally, we are looking for candidates that can start immediately